Monday 26 August 2013

Clearing A Breakout

For the past week I've set myself a strict routine of exfoliating, cleansing, toning and moisturising nightly (exfoliating every 2-3 days) whether I wore makeup or not. I'd gotten lazy and was thinking I it didn't matter if I cleansed and moisturised daily. But trust me when I say it does matter!


1. Started off dabbing some Whipped Cream on my face, rubbed the cream in, left it for a few minutes before washing it away with a wet face washer - use warm/hot water not cold. This is to clean away the makeup.

Use moisturiser to remove makeup
2. Did the same for my eyes using Fluffy Lime Eye Cream. Giving myself that punched in the eyes look (always attractive).
Removing eye makeup with Fluffy Lime Eye Cream
3. Exfoliated using Enliven Facial Scrub. This alleviates flaky skin, removes dry dead skin cells and clears the pores of potential blockages.

4. Cleansed using Facial & Body Wash. The essential oils in the cleanser (I use oily blend) control oil secretion and kill bacteria - a very important part of tackling blemishes and wounds on the skin.

5. The most important step is the one most people forget, ignore and don't do: TONER. A highly underrated step. Using Purifying Cleansing Toner rinses the skin clean, removes any left over residue of makeup and cleanser and closes pores, very important for having clean and clear skin.

Purifying Cleansing Toner - JOLI
Purifying Cleansing Toner - JOLI

6. Applied Skin Serum to affected areas to heal the skin, wounds and scabbing. Very important as this reduces scaring and wound/blemish time.

7. Moisturise to hydrate the skin and stop those pesky dry flaking bits of skin.

8. Lastly applied Fluffy Lime Eye Cream around my eyes to ward off crows feet.

9. Ok... lastly I applied a dash of lip balm because I love soft glossy lips and like to feel a dash of glamour.
Done!

If you're suffering through bad looking skin... try this daily routine for two weeks and see the difference it makes to your skin. Then keep your fabulous routine going!

* Note: Steps 1 & 2 were only done to remove makeup. When not wearing makeup move straight on to step 3 if you prefer.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment